1972 - Gudbuy T'Jane - Beat Club

Locked
User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 4708
Joined: May 29th, 2013, 10:14 pm
Location: The Toppermost Of The Poppermost
Contact:

1972 - Gudbuy T'Jane - Beat Club

Post by admin » July 6th, 2019, 12:38 pm



This is why we need a DVD anthology.
One of the most impressive live TV performances by the band.

These video posts will be moved to the Videodrome in a bit.

steveclassic
Greater
Greater
Posts: 2128
Joined: May 30th, 2013, 11:39 am
Location: Central Victoria, Australia

Re: Gudbuy T'Jane - Beat Club, 1972

Post by steveclassic » July 6th, 2019, 1:47 pm

*like

mds
Very Lost Indeed
Very Lost Indeed
Posts: 1124
Joined: May 31st, 2013, 6:20 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Re: Gudbuy T'Jane - Beat Club, 1972

Post by mds » July 6th, 2019, 2:35 pm

The only live version I've heard that mirrors the tempo of the studio version. Love the sheepish look Nod gives JWL after he botches the chorus chord progression at the 1:43 mark.

mds
Very Lost Indeed
Very Lost Indeed
Posts: 1124
Joined: May 31st, 2013, 6:20 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Re: Gudbuy T'Jane - Beat Club, 1972

Post by mds » July 6th, 2019, 2:48 pm

admin wrote:
July 6th, 2019, 12:38 pm
This is why we need a DVD anthology.
Agreed. Based on the exceptional job you and Chris did with The Noize, Nod & Jim would be wise to let the both of you put together a definitive DVD.

PG
Noizy
Noizy
Posts: 520
Joined: April 12th, 2017, 7:27 pm

Re: Gudbuy T'Jane - Beat Club, 1972

Post by PG » July 6th, 2019, 2:58 pm

Couldn’t agree more mds

joff
Sladest
Sladest
Posts: 78
Joined: May 29th, 2013, 10:26 pm

Re: Gudbuy T'Jane - Beat Club, 1972

Post by joff » July 6th, 2019, 4:37 pm

Here here 👍

kelvinht
Kelvin
Kelvin
Posts: 580
Joined: May 30th, 2013, 7:37 pm

Re: Gudbuy T'Jane - Beat Club, 1972

Post by kelvinht » July 6th, 2019, 7:11 pm

fantastic clip

NickSinatra
Smashing
Smashing
Posts: 353
Joined: May 29th, 2013, 10:11 pm

Re: Gudbuy T'Jane - Beat Club, 1972

Post by NickSinatra » July 6th, 2019, 7:34 pm

This is the best performance of GTJ. A corker.

Lasse62
Deafened
Deafened
Posts: 347
Joined: September 22nd, 2018, 1:45 pm

Re: Gudbuy T'Jane - Beat Club, 1972

Post by Lasse62 » July 6th, 2019, 7:41 pm

Great

steveclassic
Greater
Greater
Posts: 2128
Joined: May 30th, 2013, 11:39 am
Location: Central Victoria, Australia

Re: Gudbuy T'Jane - Beat Club, 1972

Post by steveclassic » July 7th, 2019, 2:06 am

mds wrote:
July 6th, 2019, 2:48 pm
admin wrote:
July 6th, 2019, 12:38 pm
This is why we need a DVD anthology.
Agreed. Based on the exceptional job you and Chris did with The Noize, Nod & Jim would be wise to let the both of you put together a definitive DVD.
Now that sounds like a plan ...

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 4708
Joined: May 29th, 2013, 10:14 pm
Location: The Toppermost Of The Poppermost
Contact:

Re: Gudbuy T'Jane - Beat Club, 1972

Post by admin » July 7th, 2019, 4:04 pm

Not our area of expertise, really.... I wouldn't want to get into licensing issues and dealing with The Official Side for Slade. Too much like hard work. An individual that I won't name has seemingly put The Powers That Be off compiling a decent video anthology, or even just getting together the remaining promo clips that Slade actually own and which would cost them nothing, except a day in an editing suite.

Chris
'Sort of' live
'Sort of' live
Posts: 292
Joined: May 29th, 2013, 9:47 pm

Re: 1972 - Gudbuy T'Jane - Beat Club

Post by Chris » July 7th, 2019, 7:43 pm

A few years I was approached by the powers that be and asked if I would help compile a DVD..it certainly wasn't my area of expertise , not having the time and not willing to work with little or no finance I passed them the name of someone who ,at the time, I thought would be the ideal person. Everything seemed to go ok for a couple of weeks and then world war 3 erupted. As the person involved is , I think subject to a couple of on going police enquiries, I won't name him but no doubt some deluded person on here who still believes he is Slade's saviour will get back to him and as he is fond of fake identities he is probably able to read this.

russ
Loud
Loud
Posts: 29
Joined: December 14th, 2015, 4:19 am
Location: Preston

Re: 1972 - Gudbuy T'Jane - Beat Club

Post by russ » July 7th, 2019, 11:39 pm

Always liked that Beat Club version. It put peddal to the metal

steveclassic
Greater
Greater
Posts: 2128
Joined: May 30th, 2013, 11:39 am
Location: Central Victoria, Australia

Re: 1972 - Gudbuy T'Jane - Beat Club

Post by steveclassic » July 8th, 2019, 12:13 am

Chris wrote:
July 7th, 2019, 7:43 pm
A few years I was approached by the powers that be and asked if I would help compile a DVD..it certainly wasn't my area of expertise , not having the time and not willing to work with little or no finance I passed them the name of someone who ,at the time, I thought would be the ideal person. Everything seemed to go ok for a couple of weeks and then world war 3 erupted. As the person involved is , I think subject to a couple of on going police enquiries, I won't name him but no doubt some deluded person on here who still believes he is Slade's saviour will get back to him and as he is fond of fake identities he is probably able to read this.
Surely, a project aimed at providing the fans and the general public with a quality DVD of Slade material - over and above what is already available - should be more deserving of attention from the powers that be. And surely no one individual - no matter how deluded he or she may or may not be - should be able to hijack such a project.

I can only appeal to anyone on this forum who has a contact at Newman & Co, who is willing and able to take their call, to please simply have a go, and ask the question; what needs to be done to make this happen?!! Surely it cannot be that that hard. If "they" were able to cobble together the "Very Best of Slade" DVD, I just can't understand why putting out an improved, expanded version of that should prove to be such a difficult project to complete.

Chris
'Sort of' live
'Sort of' live
Posts: 292
Joined: May 29th, 2013, 9:47 pm

Re: 1972 - Gudbuy T'Jane - Beat Club

Post by Chris » July 8th, 2019, 7:28 am

steveclassic wrote:
July 8th, 2019, 12:13 am
Chris wrote:
July 7th, 2019, 7:43 pm
A few years I was approached by the powers that be and asked if I would help compile a DVD..it certainly wasn't my area of expertise , not having the time and not willing to work with little or no finance I passed them the name of someone who ,at the time, I thought would be the ideal person. Everything seemed to go ok for a couple of weeks and then world war 3 erupted. As the person involved is , I think subject to a couple of on going police enquiries, I won't name him but no doubt some deluded person on here who still believes he is Slade's saviour will get back to him and as he is fond of fake identities he is probably able to read this.
Surely, a project aimed at providing the fans and the general public with a quality DVD of Slade material - over and above what is already available - should be more deserving of attention from the powers that be. And surely no one individual - no matter how deluded he or she may or may not be - should be able to hijack such a project.

I can only appeal to anyone on this forum who has a contact at Newman & Co, who is willing and able to take their call, to please simply have a go, and ask the question; what needs to be done to make this happen?!! Surely it cannot be that that hard. If "they" were able to cobble together the "Very Best of Slade" DVD, I just can't understand why putting out an improved, expanded version of that should prove to be such a difficult project to complete.
Why not have a go yourself? Worth a try . Perhaps a new name to them might have some success or even just remind them that fans are still interested.

steveclassic
Greater
Greater
Posts: 2128
Joined: May 30th, 2013, 11:39 am
Location: Central Victoria, Australia

Re: 1972 - Gudbuy T'Jane - Beat Club

Post by steveclassic » July 8th, 2019, 11:02 am

Chris wrote:
July 8th, 2019, 7:28 am
Why not have a go yourself? Worth a try . Perhaps a new name to them might have some success or even just remind them that fans are still interested.
Chris,if you'd be kind enough to pm me the contact name and postal address of someone you feel is the appropriate person to write to, I'll do my bit and compose a suitable letter to the best of my ability.

Unfortunately, running a small business from which I trade six days a week, I don't have much in the way of spare time - what with 2 young kids (11 and 8), and two acres of land, on which we run a couple of sheep (mainly for the lawn mowing) and a dozen or so chickens. Happy to do what I can though.

Maybe, between all of us on this forum, we could start a petition, asking the powers that be, in the interests of Slade fans the world over, to seriously look at a new definitive DVD being made available commercially for fans/general public to buy at a retail/online level?

Chris
'Sort of' live
'Sort of' live
Posts: 292
Joined: May 29th, 2013, 9:47 pm

Re: 1972 - Gudbuy T'Jane - Beat Club

Post by Chris » July 8th, 2019, 1:19 pm

Pm'd

Locked